Sunday, October 8, 2023

what is happening here

 I don't know if I will go into all the details about what is happening here. I don't know what the news stations in your places are reporting, but without a doubt what you see from here you don't see there.

On Saturday morning at six thirty I woke up to an alarm. I don't have a protected place and I'm just standing in the small hallway of my small house that won't withstand even a rocket fragment. This happened several more times during the day. All day and night I heard loud explosions and saw the fireballs of the Iron Dome. The TV is on and tells me where there is an alarm at any given time.


TThey entered houses and shot at families there. They took captive small children and demented old women with their Nepali caregivers. People are still besieged in their homes and waiting for rescue.

I still haven't heard the alarms here this morning. I calm myself by cooking vegetable soup. I watch on TV unhappy and painful parents whose child who was at a nature party was kidnapped to Gaza with several dozen other boys and girls who were at the party. Those who were not kidnapped or managed to escape were shot.

If I succeed I will upload a picture from the night before from spending time at a restaurant with my granddaughter and the rest of the family in honor of my birthday which was the night before. 

17 comments:

  1. Oh Yael, that is so frightening. I cannot imagine how it must be for you all. May it end soon and you stay safe x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything you mention, and more, is being reported here! I have been thinking of you and your family and hoping that you are all safe. It all sounds barbaric. Sending love and hope for peace to return. XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. This tragedy reminds me of 1967 when my parents begged me to fly back home from Israel to Australia, before the 1967 Six Day War destroyed human life. I did.

    Today I reached my family in Tel Aviv, to see if 1] they were safe and 2] they would accept tickets to fly to safety in Australia. The news is getting more and more tragic, but no, they wanted to stay in their own home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jayc, Frances, Jennifer and Hels, I'll post more later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you often comment on Rachel's blog. I was thinking of you this morning. Belated Birthday wishes. I hope you had a wonderful time at the restaurant with your family. Good memories are particularly important in times like these. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw news flash by on my phone and my heart sank once again yesterday. I think of you Yael. And a happy birthday also from me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The news on the tv here has told us of the horrors of the war. I just hope friend Yael that you and all your family remain safe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keep safe.It must be terrifying for you.How can people do this to children or anyone.Barbarax

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry this is happening. My prayers are with you, and your country. Stay safe! Cali G

    ReplyDelete
  10. I heard the news yesterday. Thinking of you and your family. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are on my mind and in my heart. You are so close to the front. Perhaps under your bed. Please stay as safe as you can. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all. I'm sorry that I don't answer each of you personally this time, your support is so meaningful to me. More difficult days are ahead of us, but I believe that good days will also come. Thank you all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry to hear of this awful attack. I hope you and your family stay safe and you will have peace.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They spend so much time and money on terrorism. I probably shouldn't say this, but I hope Netanyahu will respond with serious force. Hamas's behaviour is outrageous. Stay safe; my wife also sends her best wishes. Cro xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yael
    I went to my normal coffee shop this morning, arriving before most other people. EVERY single person arrived suffering from anxiety and depression, having not slept for 2 nights waiting to hear if their children, grandchildren, nieces and nephews had survived. The pain in Israel itself must be inconsolable.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Yael, it is terrible news but I wish you all the strength in the world to come through safely. X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you Ellen D, Cro and wife, Hels and thelma. Your support is very appreciate here.

    ReplyDelete