Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Another update

 I think I will take a short or long break from writing posts. I think that everything I can write here can bring a lot of sadness and pain to your world, you who read here, and I don't want to bring it to you.

Those who want to be updated can do so through the news wherever you live. Even if the truth is not always told there.

I will read your blogs and comment there as if nothing is happening here, as long as I feel it is the right thing to do.

The world is full of pain but also good and beautiful things and I don't want to bring the pain into your world.

I'm glad you were here for me with a kind word. It was very important and still is.

See you in the comments to your blogs, in the special and personal world that each of you brings to blogland.

15 comments:

  1. I understand and I look forward to seeing you on my blog from time to time. Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much pain and sadness. We can only hope it's over soon. Keep commenting! That way we know you're still ok

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stay in touch so that we know you're okay....ok?

    ReplyDelete
  4. But do let us hear from you from time to time, with a blog post or in a comment. We need to know you are OK. Love from Joanne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stay safe, you and all people in Israel are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Now the politicians and the do-gooders see what kind of "refugees" they allowed to come to Germany. I only hope that it is not too late.
    I will look for your comments on other blogs to see you are ok.
    Hilde in Germany

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do understand, Yael, but am not sure if it is the right decision: if it is "good" for you to stop writing about the inconceivable, then it is right - but don't stop only out of concern about us. Blogland may not be the right platform, I agree - but trying to carry alone grief is also not good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had lunch today with Australian friends who made aliya 38 years ago but they are back now, visiting all their relatives in Melbourne. Instead of staying a month, they are rushing back to Israel this Sunday to look after their children and grandchildren ...which I understand totally. But I had a sad, sad moment saying goodbye.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think we all need to know you are okay Yael, so do keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, please let us know from time to time that you are still OK, Yael.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will still check your blog from time to time Yael. I hope the zucchini fritters were well received!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thinking of you and yours, Yael. Do take care. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just started reading your blog, I find it very interesting to read about other country’s and cultures, please take care. From Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've seen your name at the blog of John Gray of Wales and I just dropped in. I can't imagine what life is like for you at the moment, nor what it is like for the citizens of Gaza. I can only say good luck and I hope this horrible time won't last much longer.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We are praying for safety, peace, and understanding. Evil hearts are everywhere.

    ReplyDelete