Saturday, October 14, 2023

the eighth day

 I want to thank each of you who comment here with understanding and compassion and care. I'm sorry that I can't comment on everyone personally but I read everything. I read Joanne's compassionate and concerned post and the comments from people with whom I've been doing a long journey here in blogland and also those who are commenting for the first time . Thank you all.                                                                                Of course my attention was caught by one comment by someone that she doesn't like Israel. There are quite a few of them in the world, but a day after the terrible massacre that took place here, it would have been possible to show a little more compassion.                                                                                                      Here the alarms still go on but the frequency has decreased. Sometimes the prolonged silence is frightening because the question always arises, perhaps Hamas is saving the ammunition for the great strike that it constantly threatens.                                                                                                                                     There is also the daily question of when should I take a shower so that the alarm doesn't catch me in the middle. So far I have been able to meet the challenge.       I will update more later.

Thank you all.                                                                       

20 comments:

  1. Most of my family are in or near Tel Aviv where they have solid underground shelters to protect them. But a few are in Jerusalem where they have no such protection. Is it true Jerusalem families have to sit on stairs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All over the country, in places where there is no safe room, people find other places. I don't have a protected room either and I'm just standing in a corridor that won't really protect me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now there were alarms in Tel Aviv.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An ordeal for you. General opinions are not needed right now, but some just cannot resist giving them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to hear from you tonight. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you manage to get some rest, Yael. It must be exhausting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Hels, Tom, Rachel and Jayce. I am ok.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is good to hear you are ok, I have been praying for your safety and for the safety of Israel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can comment from my iPhone only as anonymous.Yael

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is good to hear from you. I hope you always find a safe place. You and your country are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Hilde in Germany

    ReplyDelete
  11. It seems that people are taking sides the world over, and are fighting in the streets. We should all think of the innocent victims on both sides of the border. Armies are there to fight (if needed), women children and the elderly are not. Good to hear that you are OK, let's hope it all ends quite soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thinking of you. Hoping you will continue to be safe

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete