Saturday, November 4, 2023

More of the same

 Today I went to my grandchildren again with zucchini fritters, sweets and orange juice. On the way I stopped to buy them a "gahnoםn "which is a very popular Yemeni dish here and in fact it is a dough baked in a lot of fat throughout the night. There is a family that sells it in their yard in one of the small settlements on the way to the grandchildren.

Because I'm doing the calculation of the Hamas missiles I'm almost sure that the morning is the right time to go, so far I haven't been wrong but I got to them when everyone was still sleeping and I waited for them to open the door for me.

a month has passed already. The videos of the horror that was here are shown to foreign journalists and they leave in tears after a few minutes. There is a forty-five minute film most of which is from the terrorists' body cameras. They don't show it here because of the magnitude of the horror.

The aunt of a nine-month-old baby who was kidnapped to Gaza is now being interviewed on television, followed by the grandmother of a three-year-old girl who is there alone after her parents were shot, and so on all day.


.Public opinion in the world is against us now and I no longer have the strength to explain. I know that a sentence like that invites the trolls here, but I can deal with that.

In Germany they started marking Jewish homes and in France and England Jewish mothers are afraid to send their children to school. The world has learned nothing.

27 comments:

  1. It is wicked that there is once again hostility towards Jewish people. Many people in England and in other countries are calling for ceasefire, as I think we would both agree killing is not the answer. The problem is of course how to get rid of Hamas and Hezbollah terrorists groups, the way forward though is very precarious. Keep strong and know we keep thinking of you. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, there is no other way to destroy Hamas than the one we are forced to take today. This way has dire consequences, but they also happen because Hamas does not feel sorry for the citizens in Gaza and uses them as human shields. They use ambulances as taxis and they hide in the hospitals. Hamas is ISIS and it does not intend to end its activities only here in the area. It has dormant cells in other places in the world.

      Delete
  2. I think people are ignorant of history and of the constitution of Hamas and they do not see anything of truth or they close their eyes and ears to it. I am glad to hear you are getting to see your grandchildren and family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your every word Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for taking the trip to the grandchildren. It is the right thing to do. And I do hope Israel has the wherewithal to eliminate Hamas. They are evil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately not all over the world it is understood yet.

      Delete
  5. In the news today, families were taking the mezuzahs off their door posts to protect against brutes as far apart as Berlin, London and Toronto. Is this 1939 all over again?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our government allowed too many people from Arab countries to to come and stay here. Everybody who did not join the "welcome culture" was called a nazi. Somehow they believed living in a democracy and a liberal country would make the refugees, mostly young men, democratic and liberal, too. Now they realize what has really happened. Even our green politicians woke up. I can only hope that it is not too late.
    Hilde in Germany

    ReplyDelete
  7. No-one likes to see innocent people being killed or injured, but blaming Israel is only avoiding the point for what is happening. Maybe that film should be shown on Gaza TV (if they have such a thing). I have yet to hear a Palestinian blaming Hamas for the war.

    May I reply to Hilde that it IS too late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Hamas members themselves distributed the videos of the horror while they were carrying out the massacre. Spread it on Facebook and Telegram. Everything is there and they are very proud of it.

      Delete
    2. I suppose that just demonstrates how callous they are.

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Anna", to your question why I am deleting your comments, one reason is that I don't like your criticism of the commenters here and another reason is that this is my blog and I only want a positive spirit here and that is not what you are doing. I remember you from previous years in other identities in your comments. I will continue to delete.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh you are completely wrong about my identity, I have only this name.but never mind. Of course it is your blog and I will no longer bother you with my opinion . I am sorry about the situation in your country and when only one opinion counts for your followers and for you it is allright. Excuse me for having offended you. I would have liked to be a part of these discussion rounds
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything has gone backwards and nothing will ever be the same again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yael, I hope you and your family continue to stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The war crimes are horrific. I fear for the innocent people caught in the middle of this war. How many will die before leaders find a peaceful solution? My thoughts are with you. Continue to be very careful in your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Indeed. There is no longer a safe place for us in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  15. With hopes and prayers that you and those you care about stay safe,some of us send money to your area to feed and protect those in need,m.r.b.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you and your family stay safe always and that Israel has great success in defending itself.

    ReplyDelete