Thursday, December 7, 2023

If the cards were dealt differently

 I try to think what I would write or say if I were somewhere else, in some place in the world where bloggers come from. What would I write if any of the blogland people were in danger of life, living in great anxiety and trying to put what is happening into words here. Would it be very important for me to be objective? Would I try to reflect to him how wrong and inappropriate the way the people who are leading the situation is? Would I understand that he also has no control over the situation?                                                  Would I ignore his pain and would I write superficial comments that try to balance and compare the situation of the attacker and the attacked at the same time?                                                                                            I don't think I would do that to a virtual friend even if I never meet him.

And a few more words--

My heart also aches for the citizens, children and women of Gaza. And maybe that's precisely why my reactions are so emotional, I seem to feel a little guilty even though I'm not bombing anyone. The citizens of Gaza are not our enemies, only the people of Hamas.

This time the only way is to bomb their weapons stockpiles and drive them out of Gaza. There is no other way. Hamas prevents the citizens from leaving the dangerous places and they are its victims.                                      Despite the comments of the good majority here, the feeling is of loneliness in blogland, there is no one here like me.

                  

13 comments:

  1. And sorry that I ignore in this post all those who know how to say the good word. You are many, and your words give strength. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yael, you are in animpossible situation, many of us understand that,
    You need to write whatever you feel you want/need to write, for your own peace of mind.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Cathy, the post was written after a deep disappointment I had yesterday with a virtual "friend" that I have known here for several years, I hope that in the future I can ignore the criticism and know how to focus on your support here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have my whole hearted support, as do the innocent people in Gaza. There was a lady talking on local radio yesterday about her sister who is stuck in Gaza with her family...unable to get water or get out. It sounded horrific. Hoping that you and your family stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every day, trucks with a lot of humanitarian equipment enter Gaza, including water, food, fuel and medicine. Hamas does not give it to the people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sound as though you feel so alone that my heart aches for you . I have not been in your situation, though I have been through times and circumstances that made me think no one understood how difficult my situation was to cope with. You hurt,that much I do
    understand.I pray you be given comfort ,Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Mary, indeed I feel alone here in blogland when I have to argue with people I have known here for several years and they are very disappointing to me. There are many others who help with a kind word and you are one of them. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have tried to mentally put myself in your situation, Yael. It is impossible though for someone who lives in a quiet and relatively safe environment to truly understand what the reality is like and really, we don't know how we would feel in the same situation until it happens to us. We can only see it from the outside

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Jayce, you are on the "good guys" side for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As JC says. I think of what I would do if there was a Turkish invasion and my family was involved. But although I feel fear after threats from Turkey, it is impossible to imagine the horror of war. You are in the middle of it and we look in from a quiet life outside. I hope you and your family remain safe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Linda, most of the time we are really fine, this post was written because I was very hurt by another post that someone wrote, and the comments he received didn't add much joy to me either. And as you so rightly stated in another comment, if you are on the social network you may encounter all kinds of opinions.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What I don't like is that many people think and write according to their political leanings. Here in the UK, the extreme left are mostly pro Hamas (like their ex leader Jeremy Corbyn), and if pressed would probably support Putin as well.

    ReplyDelete