Sunday, May 16, 2021

Thoughts in the middle of the night

 There are no goods and bads in this reality of ours nor will there be winners or losers although each side will have its own narrative to which it will stick. The experience of a victim is a difficult experience but we are all in fact victims in this situation, the Palestinians, us and the residents of Gaza. First of all we are victims of human nature who do not know how to give up, forgive and forget.

We are victims of history, of the life stories of our grandparents who had to give up a good and comfortable life elsewhere (Germany, Poland.) and flee here knowing that only here they might be safe, and the other side that his ancestors fled their homes during the war here. .

And all this because human nature cannot give up, forget and forgive.

 If someone had promised me, my children and my grandchildren a good and safe life elsewhere, I would have gone there right away.

I am willing to give a lot for peace and security.


There is still something asymmetrical and unbalanced in this story, we never just fired missiles at other people's houses, and yet most of the time we are the bad guys in the story, anyone who sends us arrows of criticism should think carefully about what he would do if his children and grandchildren Were under a barrage of missiles.

Our government officials do not hide in civilians' homes and hospitals because they know that there they will not be harmed, here they will never use civilians as human shields.

And yet it is so sad that it is impossible to produce understanding, compassion and peace among so many people who just want to live their lives in peace.

I'm a little tired after a night with little sleep because of the hundreds of missiles fired at so many settlements here. Quite a bit about where my grandchildren live.

I also feel I need to request a forgiveness from my grandfather, my uncle, my first husband and some of my good friends who were killed in the wars here, each in a different war at a different time, you gave your life for a place that for me is now not the safest place in the world.


26 comments:

  1. Yael, stay strong. xx
    Dont feel guilty, they fought for their own dream and for what they thought their famly would want. You can only do the same, for your own dream and for what you think is the best for your family. Dreams can change.
    It would be difficult not to produce civilian casualties, when the residential areas are used in that way. The buildings are so close together. War is ugly and cruel, but I appreciate the skill in the way the buidings are taken out.
    Hoping you have a more pwaceful day.
    Kathy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not going anywhere. I'm staying here for better or worse, thank you Kathy.

      Delete
  2. That's a lot of words from you Yael, from the heart. I hope that one day peace will come for Palestine and Israel any you can live together without wars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is indeed the longest post I have ever written.

      Delete
  3. Keep writing Yael, because it makes us all understand so much better. Humans create war and then we all watch with horror the tragedies unfolding and completely helpless in the face of it. Keep strong. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Thelma, I will continue to write.

      Delete
  4. Your post gives us all who are not there to experience the trouble a greater understanding of a situation which is impossible for one person to fully understand. My belief is that politicians are wholly to blame for unbendingly adhering to stereotypical perceptions of what it is to be a Palestinian man or an Israeli man, and I mean 'man'. Meanwhile, innocent civilians are pointlessly murdered for just trying to lead normal lives. Keep writing, Yael.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The media you are exposed to does not tell the true story. I hope I can write more.

      Delete
    2. Do you have access to our media Yael? It certainly does not tell the whole story, but I don't think a short news program could. In Britain, opinions are divided about almost everything these days, so more from you would be very welcome.

      Delete
    3. I see what you are broadcasting and it fills me with great sadness, partial and unbalanced truth, I also see the hate demonstrations in London and it is scary.

      Delete
  5. "... my grandfather, my uncle, my first husband and some of my good friends ..."

    Not only do you have witnesses for your middle of the night thoughts here in your blog. No doubt that your words are heard across time, love being stronger than death. Thank you for writing from your heart in the context of love in times of war. Continuing to send love from Washington State.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for writing this post Yael, it helps us to understand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope this helps correct the impression the media is creating.

      Delete
  7. Well written Yael. You write so we can all understand

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for this post Yael. These words from your heart are what I wish more people could read instead of what is seen and heard through the news. It is always the innocent that pay the price with their suffering and loss. Keep writing Yael. Your thoughts and words are valuable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your words are so true. Throughout history [of the world] 'conquest' is in the hearts of 'those who consider themselves leaders'. All they want is glory for themselves without any thought to the agonies of the multitudes they profess to represent. All most folk ever want is peace; to be able to go about their daily lives without fear of what might/will happen. Pictures on TV break my heart when I see the needless destruction of buildings ... someone's home; someone's place of work. Sheer stupidity! Stay safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yael, the wonderful woman who started a blog to improve her English. You are a good influence on us.
    Too many have died in too many wars. This must end.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The more that Israel defends itself, the louder the critics shout. It really makes me angry. I'm glad you mentioned the cynicism of Hamas storing their weapons in schools and hospitals. Only the worst cowards would do such a thing; it says a lot about them. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember you always understood what was going on here, even in previous years, it was not always easy with the troll attack that followed. I thank you so much Cro for the support, it's something very important here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Yael. Please write more when you can, I am telling other people what you write,so they get a more balanced understanding.
    I can only believe that Hamas use civilians areas for their own protection and the positioning of weapons in schools and hospitals, because they have no respect for life.
    I remember my mother telling me back in 1948, that the Jewish people had a right to return to there homeland and that they were very brave.
    Kathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much Kathy for your understanding.

    ReplyDelete